OXFORD GOLF RESORT, PUNE
If you are not part of the golfing community, you probably wouldn’t know that golf holidays, golf breaks and golfing vacations are a real thing. And golf escapes are not just for golfers; indeed they are for entire families since golf resorts are usually packed with a lot of exciting activities for non-golfers too.
It is no surprise then that most golf resorts come up with fantastic packages to lure in the golfers. Especially popular are ‘play and stay’ golf packages, weekend golf packages and more. Since the golfing fraternity is pretty tight-knit and connected, and since not all of India’s cities have access to 5-star quality golf resorts, well-designed golfing holiday packages at top-end golf-resorts do not need much marketing. Word of mouth just about does it.
And one such spectacular property is that of the luxurious Oxford Golf Resort in Pune, so let’s take a look at what they have to offer.
Take a look at this Vlog by Liv it up with Miloni that gives you a great first-feels of the gorgeous, 136-acre Oxford Golf Resort on the outskirts of Pune City.
If you like picking a resort and spending a relaxing vacation there, without the mad rush for sightseeing or the compulsive routines, Oxford Golf Resort is really the best pick for you. Though the resort itself is not pet-friendly, you can choose the camping option at 360 Degree Adventure to ensure that your vacation includes your beloved pets. Here’s a look at the resort, its facilities and the 15 things you can do here without having to step out.
The Resort for Golfers
As the name suggests, Oxford Golf Resort is home to an award-winning, 18-hole golf course that is challenging enough to keep even avid golfers involved in their games. The signature hole, hole number 4, is a 5-par hole at a height of 80m above sea level and requires you to cover a distance of 563 yards from hole number 3! The resort also has an artificial turf driving range, a floodlit, 42-bay Leadbetter Golf Academy, a mandatory Pro Shop and a fitting club!
The Resort for Non-Golfers
Oxford Golf resort has luxury chalets, residences and apartments that are designed to offer luxurious hospitality that lets you reconnect with nature and fresh air. Non-golfing partners and family members here can enjoy a wide range of facilities and services. They can lounge at The Malt Bar or The Patio restaurant overlooking the greens and watch their partners putt. They can take a cool swim in the resort’s gorgeous infinity pool or get a vacation-style pampering at the resort’s Kinnarrie Spa.
Oxford Golf Resort also has a modern, indoor clubhouse where you can play badminton, squash, etc or indoor recreational games such as carrom, snooker and chess. There is a well-stocked gym for fitness enthusiasts and a kid’s play area for families with kids. The kids’ entertainment area, with its large and popular trampoline, is watched over by a trained caretaker at all times.
Visitors can also visit the 360 Degree Adventure centre within the Oxford Golf Resort Precinct if you’d like to add a touch of adventure to your golf vacation. Here, you can enjoy rappelling, mountain biking, archery, paintball, zorbing and ziplining. If that isn’t enough, you can try your hand at a high rope course or try a round of soapy football or box cricket.
To add more drama to an already-exciting trip to Pune’s Oxford Golf Resort, try riding an oxford aviation helicopter. The resort has a helipad on its site and you can book charter flights to catch some different views of Pune.
15 Things to Do at Oxford Golf Resort
To recap, here are the top 10 things to do at Oxford Golf Resort, fun activities for the whole family.
1. Stay in a wooden, luxury chalet and reconnect yourself with nature.
2. Swim in the infinity pool overlooking the putting greens.
3. Grab a bite at The Patio restaurant and unwind with a drink at The Malt Bar.
4. Let your kids loose in the kids’ play area while you enjoy the resort’s well-stocked library.
5. Try your hand at golf at the Oxford Resort driving range.
6. Get pampered at Kinnarrie Spa with self-care therapies like massages and facials.
7. Take a tour of the whole property on one of their golf carts.
8. Take an early morning hike on the hill across the sprawling property, listen to bird songs as you catch a glorious sunrise.
9. Visit 360 Degree Adventure and try your hand at rock climbing, zorbing, paintballing and more.
10. Book a fun camping night for the whole family at 360 Degree Adventure. Camping here is pet-friendly, even though pets are not allowed at the Oxford Golf Resort.
11. Get competitive with your friends and family at the pool table or play a game of carrom. If you prefer more physical sports, go for squash!
12. Enjoy an aerial view of the resort by booking a helicopter ride. Take lots of photos and videos.
13. Shop at the Pro Golf Shop. It is conveniently right within the resort.
13. Catch some resort-based events such as parties and kite fests.
14. Don’t ignore your fitness routines, Make use of their state-of-art gymnasium.
15. Bring your bike or hire one and get on the off-road bicycle track that goes right through the property. Find your own adventure as you see an occasional mongoose scurrying across the road and rare birds spurring you on.